My Latest Video

DIY- Birthday Decorations

Leave a Comment

Last weekend was Jason's birthday and oh lord it was stressful! I decided to plan a surprise party, which of course is a lovely idea, but not when your the one planning it. Ha! Well, okay maybe some people would enjoy the process but for me I just worried CONSTANTLY that I would mess it up and it would be a total failure. However, it was wonderful! I told Jason that I hoped he enjoyed it as I will never be doing it again! ;)


Anyway, I really wanted to make some lovely handmade decorations for the party but they had to be really quick and easy to make as I was short on time. So, I took to Pinterest for some inspiration. I found some incredibly cute paper crafts, which is what I based my ideas on. 

[side note- if you want to check out my Pinterest, I made a board called 'Birthday Ideas'. You'll be able to see where the ideas came from and some other bits that I really liked but didn't have time to do.]


These adorable paper balloons took literally 10 minutes to make. I know they look really simple and that's probably because they are! I cut out the rough balloon shape on different colour paper, drew the shape in a black fine liner and then sellotaped a cocktail stick to the back. Easy as that! I put these in the party food and the birthday cake. 


My other table decoration was this bunting in two recycled bottles I had from Christmas. The bottles were a gift from Jason's family, they contained our tickets to Berlin (such an amazing present!) but the way they were packaged was so lovely I wanted to reuse them . 'Message in einen bottle'- adorable. Anyway, I decided to make this mini bunting. This little project is also great to do with kids; I got Jason's four year old niece to help me put it together. All you need is a piece of string, some coloured paper and a pritt stick.



I cut out diamond shapes, drew on a variation of patterns and simply folded in half. I placed them over the string, blobbed on some glue and that's it! Pretty :) I also made an extended version of this to hang over our book case. It's a really versatile idea, you could put it anywhere to add a party vibe!


Don't handmade cards just feel so much more special? I feel like they make the card just as important as the presents, instead of becoming something you just throw away the week after. The card I made Jason was a bit silly, quite a simple concept but I think it looks pretty awesome. All you need to do to make your own burger card is have a variation of colours and a little bit of patience. I made the bun first as then I could see how the other bits would fit inside. The candles I added at the end and used white paper to make the stripes. And that is about as complicated as it gets.

Let me know if you try any of these bits. Remember to check out my Pinterest board if you've got a birthday coming up and you need more ideas. New tutorials next week as no more sneaking around! Horah! 

Much love,

Katie x

SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig