My Latest Video

Embroidery Hoop - Wedding Gift

Leave a Comment
My dear friend Nicola is getting married this week. I knew I wanted to make her a keepsake but also something that, if she wanted to, she could display in her newly extended house. So something memorable, homely and lovely. This is actually my first official attempt at designing/making an embroidery hoop for decoration. I love looking at hoops on Tumblr or Pinterest so I couldn't wait to try to make my own.



I'm actually really pleased how it turned out. It took a very long time to make, I know embroidery is time consuming but because it was a gift I checked it over like a crazy person. It had to be perfect. I tried to incorporate Nicola's love for pastel colours with an image that represented the couple on their wedding day.



I used my felt flowers technique from my Mother's Day tutorial for the bouquet. It was very different having to make them so tiny, it took me a few go's to get the size right!



I used backstitch for the text and just a simple running stitch for the felt applique. I copied the font from the beautiful invite to try and tie it in with the wedding's theme.



I made the bunting by using self adhesive fabric that I had bought from Tiger a little while ago. I think looks really fun and pretty.



I rummaged through my supplies to find a small piece of lace that would fit perfectly for the dress. Nicola's real wedding dress is embellished with lace detail so I feel like it made it more personal and special to include it.



To finish the piece, I added a piece of ribbon and tied it in a bow so it can be hung. I'm really pleased with it and I think it looks super pretty. Nicola herself is very creative and loves making things so I'm sure her wedding will be absolutely beautiful and unique. I'm completely gutted to be missing it as I will be in Berlin but I cannot wait to see photos! I'm sure it will be a magical day :)

As for the embroidery, I loved this little project and I look forward to making the next one!

Much love,

Katie x
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig