My Latest Video

Polymer Clay Update #1

5 comments
My favourite videos to watch on Youtube at the moment are either polymer clay updates or the remake tag. I don't know why I find them so therapeutic to watch?! I could honestly watch clay videos for hours. Anyway, making myself- a different question entirely. How does everyone makes it look so easy?!

So, I've been working with clay for a little while now but I'm still not brilliant at it and it is something I really want to get good at. You know you have those things, in your head is one thing but when you actually go to make it...Yeah it's a bit like that. I strangely go through phases, sometimes things seem to work really well and other times it's an absolute flop.

I'm trying to get my work to a quality I'm happy to sell. I'm doing my first summer stall at the end of this month, which although I am nervous about, I am really looking forward to. I know my clay isn't as good as my sewing, but hopefully by then I'll have a decent selection of things to sell and be half proud of.

These are some photos of the things I'm working on at the moment. I really love the cakes and they have turned out quite well each time I have made them, it's just deciding whether I prefer them textured or not. However, the doughnuts are definitely my favourite and I feel really happy with the simplicity and bright colours. Overall, I feel like this lot isn't that bad!

Let me know what you think! 

Much love,

Katie x



SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

5 comments

  1. they are cute!! cute charms usually sell very well. I am not usually making cute charms, but I enjoy looking at them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Satyani! I love looking at cute charms too :) x

      Delete
  2. These are really great. Is the polymer clay the stuff that you heat up and melt in hot water, then reform? That pokeball is just the cutest :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tommy, thanks a lot :) Poylmer clay is a a clay that you put in the oven to make it solidify . It's very easy to get hold of, i'd suggest looking on ebay if you want to try it out! x

      Delete

BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig